Skip to main content

Where (Else) to Find My Writing

REGULARLY UPDATED

Posted on 1/9/2020  - UPDATED 7/11/2023

MY NEWEST NOVEL IS HERE!


November 18, 1978. Jonestown, Guyana. A psychopomp's lament. The echoes of atrocities past and future. He Led Us Into the Wilderness and Spoke to Us is one part cosmic horror, one part historical fiction, and one part religious horror. Pick it up today and experience a journey you won't forget.


NEW NOVELETTE 


Congratulations on Your Hatred is my new novelette; part of the Madness Heart Pocketbooks series! Congratulations is a strange, cosmic take on a Frankenstein story. On Huemul Island, something has awakened; something powerful. Its creator left a message - and a mission. Pick it up today!


THE ARCANUM DUOLOGY (ft. ART BY ASTRID K. MICKELSEN)
The journey begins with Arcanum Volume I: Initiation:

Welcome to Shade; city of secrets, city of nightmares, and, most importantly, a city of the dead. In Shade, humans live amongst those who lurk in the darkness. Come, watch the Tarot cards fall one by one as a strange fortune is cast.

Each chapter of Arcanum is a Tarot card designed and illustrated by Astrid K. Mickelsen. In Volume I: Initiation, the first five cards of a ten-card Celtic cross spread weave a tale of occult horror and dark urban fantasy; pick it up in paperback or on Kindle

Continue the journey in Arcanum Volume II: Mysteries:

Temple Song is on the run. Pursued by a murderous cult, she sought – and gained – the help of Sophia Felix, an ex-necromancer, and Sophia’s mother Maria Gomez, a powerful witch in her own right. They’ll need more help than that to ensure Temple’s safety, however. They’ll need the help of even more dangerous forces than those already unleashed.

Each chapter of Arcanum is a Tarot card designed and illustrated by Astrid K. Mickelsen. In Volume II: Mysteries, the last five cards of a ten-card Celtic cross spread wind up the conclusion of a tale of occult horror and dark urban fantasy.

DEBUT NOVEL

My debut novel, A Baptism for the Dead, is available now on Amazon and through the publisher, Madness Heart Press! The Old West was a place that held terrifying secrets: the dead, the damned, and the bloody mysteries of resurrection among them. Trace one family's journey into power, murder, and madness! 


MADNESS HEART PRESS BLOG
I *very* occasionally post to Madness Heart Press’ blog (as John has downgraded the blog thing a bit), but there is a vast backlog you can read, and I will still be posting to it on occasion.

WANDDERING MONSTER

I am also one of the hosts of the weekly podcast and livestream Wandering Monster Catch the stream LIVE every Wednesday from 7:30 - 9:00 PM MST (8:30 - 10:00 Central)! John Baltisberger, Ian SerVaas, Charles Paschke, Bridget D. Brave, and I dive into the world of indie tabletop games, one live-play session at a time!

Our back catalog is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and our current-format archive is on YouTube). Follow us on Twitter!.

SHORT FICTION
If short horror fiction is your jam, guess what? You’re in luck, because I write a bunch of that, too! Some of them are even available now AS AUDIOBOOKS (only one story in each anthology is mine)! There's so much to choose from! For example:

American Cult features my short story “stuffed,”

Deadman Humour: 13 Fears of a Clown features my short story “auguste.”

Peaks of Madness features my short story “portraits,”

Thuggish Itch: Devilish features my short story “indemnity,”

The Weird and Whatnot (February, 2019) features my short story “the priest of Laughing Death,” and

Tell Tale Press (October, 2019) features my short story “rededication.”

Cosmic Horror Monthly (October, 2020) features my short story "the light that festers"

The Dark Frontier features my short story "Cargo Mountain"

MHP Employee Handbook features my section: "Disciplinary Procedures"

B is for Beasst features my short story "pholcidae" 
NOTE: NOW AVAILABLE IN AUDIOBOOK FORMAT!

C is for Cannibals features my short story "rededication" 
NOTE: NOW AVAILABLE IN AUDIOBOOK FORMAT!

D is for Demons features my short story "/rare" 
NOTE: NOW AVAILABLE IN AUDIOBOOK FORMAT!



NONFICTION

Coming 2024
I've signed a contract to publish my first full-length, nonfiction book in 2024! Black Sunrise on Piss Earth (the title refers to a fascist screed) is a punkademic examination of fascism and nihilism in the 21st-century occult! Thoroughly researched and footnoted, this in-depth title combines academic rigor with gonzo ferocity. From QAnon to the Order of Nine Angles, Black Sunrise on Piss Earth thoroughly excavates and itemizes the mystical beliefs that undergird the modern Far Right. Stay tuned for more details!

If short nonfiction is more your speed, be sure to check out Satan Speaks! Contemporary Satanic Voices, which includes my essay “Better to Reign, to Reign Ourselves Better: Satanism in the 21st Century.” There is more to come, and I will update and/or repost this list as more of my work becomes available.

***



I will still regularly update Salt City Sinner, as well. 

Thank you, my horned, leather-winged beloveds, for all your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apparently, Liberals Are The Illuminati

posted 10/5/2012 by the Salt City Sinner Greetings, sheeple, from my stronghold high atop the Wells Fargo Building in downtown Salt City, where I type this before a massive, glowing bank of monitors that display the ongoing progress of my 23-point plan for complete social control. Whether you want to demonize me as a "liberal," or prefer the Glenn Beck update "progressive," we all know the truth, and it's time to pull the curtain aside: like all left-leaning persons, I am actually a member of the Illuminati. How else to explain how much power my side of the aisle wields in U.S. American politics? According to conservatives, liberals/the Illuminati control the media * , science * , academia in general * , public schools * , public radio * , pretty much anything "public," the courts * , and Hollywood * . Hell, we pretty much control everything except for scrappy, underdog operations like WND and Fox News, or quiet, marginalized voices like

Cult Books: One Good, One Terrible

  I’ve finished writing a new novel (stay tuned for details) in which the massacre at Jonestown in November 1978 plays a pivotal role. Both to research it and because the phenomenon interests me, I’ve read more than a few books on cults and cultic ideology over the last year.

The Garden Is Dead, Long Live The Garden

posted on 8/30/2015 by the Salt City Sinner  The last two times that I wrote about gardening, the tone was uncharacteristically less “playful whimsy” than “agonized demon howl.” This is with good reason. The cockroach-hearted fauxhemian Whole Foods crowd at Wasatch Community Gardens, you see, did a terrible thing to me and many other people – they decided that agreements are for suckers and that what the world really needs is another blighted patch of asphalt rather than a large and vibrant community garden, and so they killed my garden (and the gardens of many others) dead, dead, dead. Forgive my bitterness: there is something about loving a patch of actual soil, about nurturing life from tiny green shoots to a luxurious canopy of flowers and vegetables that brings out a protective streak in a human being, and also a ferocious loyalty. The destruction of Sugar House Community Garden did not, however, end my gardening career – heavens, no! Instead, I and a handful of